Ankle Mobility Series - Part 5
Band Resisted Three Way Ankle Flossing:
(This can be done without the band but it isn’t as effective)
1. Anchor a heavy resistance band at ankle height, and wrap the loop around the front of your right ankle (right where you see a crease when you dorsiflex your foot).
2. Stagger step your feet with your right foot in front with a lot of tension on the band.
3. While keeping your right foot flat to the ground the whole time, lean your right knee forward straight out as far as it can go then back up.
4. Now lean your knee as far as it can go forward and externally then back up
5. Repeat the lean straight forward again.
6. Then lean your knee as far as it can go forward and internally then back up.
7. Repeat until you have completed the motion 5 times both externally and internally
8. Switch the band to your left ankle, and perform all steps again.