Hip Mobility Series - Part 2
The 90/90 Sit Forward Stretch With External Rotation:
1. Sit on the floor and place your right leg out in front of you internally rotated and knee bent at 90* with your right foot off to your left.
2. Now place your left leg out to your left side internally rotated and knee bent at 90* as well with your foot pointed behind you.
3. Be sure to have separation between the right foot's heel and the left leg's knee, so your hips and knees are at 90* angles creating the 90/90 Sit.
4. Place your hand on the ground and sit up as tall and straight as you can.
5. Now lift and lower your left knee while keeping your left foot on the ground, as well as maintaining a connection to the ground with your front leg and knee. (Perform 15-25 knee lifts)
6. Next, while maintaining your best posture and neutral spine reach your hands in front of you and brace yourself as you hinge forward from the hips over the front leg. (Hold for 30s)
7. Repeat on the same side 2-3 times, then switch leg positions and run through these moves again.