STRETCH OF THE WEEK:
Slow Rocking Happy Baby Pose
The slow rocking happy baby pose #stretch has numerous benefits!
These benefits include:
* Releases lower back and sacrum.
* Opens hips, inner thighs, and groin.
* Stretches the hamstrings.
* Relieves lower back pain.
* Stretches and soothes the spine.
* Calms the brain.
* Helps relieve stress and fatigue
EVERYBODY should perform this stretch everyday.
1. Lay flat on your back on a yoga mat and tuck your knees in toward your chest keeping your legs bent at a 90 degree angle.
2. Reach your arms around the outside of your legs and grab the bottoms of your feet.
3. Pull your knees into your chest even tighter until you feel a gentle stretch as you create flexion in your lower back.
4. Now slowly rock your body a few inches forward and backward keeping your knees bent and pulled in tight.
5. Rock back and forth for 60s trying to create deeper and deeper lumbar flexion each time.