STRETCH OF THE WEEK:
Crisscross IT Band Stretch
The crisscross IT band #Stretch is amazing for all endurance athletes. The most common athletes with IT Band Syndrome or ITBS would be long distance runners, cyclists, and hikers. However, the foot, ankle, outer knee, and glute pains of ITBS can also manifest strongly in pregnant and post natal women.
1. Cross your left leg over your right and place both feet flat on the ground pointing your toes forward.
2. Shift your hips off to the left as you hinge your upper body over to your right and reach your hands down to the ground. (Hold for 15s)
3. Stand upright again, then shift your hips off to the right and hinge your upper body over to your left reaching your hands down to the ground. (Hold for 15s)
4. Repeat once more for another 15s hold on each side with your left leg crossed over your right.
5. Finally switch to cross your right leg over your left and perform all steps again.