STRETCH OF THE WEEK:
Inner Thigh Foam Rolling:
DO YOU HAVE PAIN IN YOUR KNEES? MAYBE FROM RUNNING, SPORTS, OR EVEN, JUST SITTING?
The inner thigh foamrolling is an awesome and effective method to relieve tension throughout your inner quads, and knees.
In an attempt to minimize the pain, many people foam roll the IT band on the outside of their thigh in hopes of loosening it. However, in many cases, the IT band is like a chunk of leather, and it could take hours of foam rolling it to make any difference.
Instead, if your knees hurt, try rolling the inside of your thigh. This can help reduce any inflammation in the muscles that pull on the knee joint to increase mobility and REDUCE KNEE PAIN.
🔈Give This A Try!
– Inner Thigh Foam Rolling –
1. Lying face down, bring your right leg out to the side and rotate it so that your inner thigh is against the floor.
2. Place the foam roller on your inner thigh perpendicular to your leg.
3. With your forearms flat to the floor in a shoulder plank position, use your arms to work the roller up and down along your inner thigh.
4. Roll from as high up your inner thigh as comfortable, down to about an inch from your inner knee, pausing on tighter spots as you go.
5. Spend 30-60 seconds on your right leg, then repeat on your left.