STRETCH OF THE WEEK:
The reverse butterfly is a #stretch that is excellent at honing in on the hard to reach glute min, to help relieve tight hip internal rotators. This is a great easy stretch to throw in for anyone suffering from sciatica pain, knee pain, or lower back pain. This stretch is also great for runners, dancers, rock climbers, martial artists, the squat enthusiast, pregnant/post natal, or horseback riders #equestrian.
HOW TO DO IT!
- Lay on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground, and lower back pressed firmly to the ground.
- Spread feet out about 3 ft between them.
- Let knees fall in toward each other and feet to splay out until you feel a stretch deep in the glutes.
- Spread feet further apart and allow knees to fall in more for a deeper stretch as you progress.
- Breathe and hold for 20-30 seconds.