STRETCH OF THE WEEK:
This is a #stretch that is excellent at opening up those tight hip adductors, and restores internal rotation to the hips which can alleviate symptoms for anyone suffering from sciatica pain, knee pain, or lower back pain. This stretch is also great for dancers, gymnasts, martial artists, or horseback riders #equestrian.
HOW TO DO IT!
- From hands and knees, walk the knees out to the sides as wide as comfortable.
- Bring the ankles directly behind the knees with the feet turned out towards the side walls.
- Bring the elbows and forearms on to the floor with the palms flat on the floor or with the palms pressed together.
- Slowly exhale pressing the hips towards the back wall until you feel a deep stretch in the hips and inner thighs.
- Take deep breathes and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- To release: rock the hips forward and bring the palms under the shoulders and press back up to your hands and knees